Rules for main forums
- Be nice
- No advertisement
- No events
- No fundraisers
- No topics asking for votes
- Only posts related to Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
IBJJF Provisional Black Belt Renewal Limbo – Need Advice (Atos Re-affiliation / 3rd Degree Requirement)
4 hour(s) ago • 16 views • 1 replies
Black beltVerifiedPanama
4 hour(s) ago
Hey everyone,
Looking for advice or insight on an IBJJF provisional registration administrative issue.
Background:
Registered my Provisional Black Belt with IBJJF under Prof. André Galvão on Nov 3, 2025.
Situation: Earlier this year, my local gym in Panama parted ways with Atos. However I proudly display my black belt diploma signed by Prof. Galvão on my wall at home.
The Problem: My Year 2 provisional renewal is now stuck pending in the portal. Under IBJJF rules, a Black Belt application or transfer requires a 3rd-Degree Black Belt sign-off when in provisional status. However, there are currently no active IBJJF-certified 3rd degrees in Panama.
The Dilemma: If I transfer to my local professor (who qualifies for his 3rd degree in Feb 2028), my 2-year provisional clock resets to zero, delaying my 1st degree eligibility to 2031 instead of Nov 2028.
Steps Already Taken:
Reached out to Professors André and Angélica Galvão via Instagram DMs and submitted a inquiry through the Atos online contact page.
Local professor reached out via WhatsApp to follow up, but no response yet (understandably, given their message volume).
Questions for the Community:
1. Has anyone successfully had a Year 2 provisional renewal approved through Atos HQ / Master Account after a local affiliate detached? Is there a specific administrative contact or email at HQ who handles IBJJF portal approvals?
2. Does IBJJF HQ offer any manual overrides or direct options when no certified 3rd-degree black belts exist in a country?
Appreciate any advice or experiences from anyone who has navigated this!
Looking for advice or insight on an IBJJF provisional registration administrative issue.
Background:
Registered my Provisional Black Belt with IBJJF under Prof. André Galvão on Nov 3, 2025.
Situation: Earlier this year, my local gym in Panama parted ways with Atos. However I proudly display my black belt diploma signed by Prof. Galvão on my wall at home.
The Problem: My Year 2 provisional renewal is now stuck pending in the portal. Under IBJJF rules, a Black Belt application or transfer requires a 3rd-Degree Black Belt sign-off when in provisional status. However, there are currently no active IBJJF-certified 3rd degrees in Panama.
The Dilemma: If I transfer to my local professor (who qualifies for his 3rd degree in Feb 2028), my 2-year provisional clock resets to zero, delaying my 1st degree eligibility to 2031 instead of Nov 2028.
Steps Already Taken:
Reached out to Professors André and Angélica Galvão via Instagram DMs and submitted a inquiry through the Atos online contact page.
Local professor reached out via WhatsApp to follow up, but no response yet (understandably, given their message volume).
Questions for the Community:
1. Has anyone successfully had a Year 2 provisional renewal approved through Atos HQ / Master Account after a local affiliate detached? Is there a specific administrative contact or email at HQ who handles IBJJF portal approvals?
2. Does IBJJF HQ offer any manual overrides or direct options when no certified 3rd-degree black belts exist in a country?
Appreciate any advice or experiences from anyone who has navigated this!
Black belt 2nd degreeVerified
3 hour(s) ago
Why did your gym part ways with Atos?


